Fruity, summery, and with just the slightly hint of char and smoke from the grill. You could do a lot worse in your search for a signature summer cocktail. But you can’t do much better.
- 4.5 oz silver tequila
- 12 oz homemade margarita mix
- 3 oz orange liqueur
- 2 Tbsp juices from grilled pineapple*
- 1 1-inch thick slice of grilled fresh pineapple, plus more for garnish*
- Crushed ice
- Salt for rim (optional)
- * The pineapple should be grilled and chilled so plan ahead. If you aren’t using a slice of leftover, already-chilled pineapple, give yourself an extra hour in prep time.
- To grill a pineapple, remove the husk, slice into ~1-inch thick rings, and place on a preheated grill.
- Cook ~4-5 minutes each side until nicely caramelized.
- Transfer the pineapple (and all accumulated juices) to a bowl and place in the fridge until cold.
- Add the tequila, margarita mix, liqueur, the pineapple juice from the bowl, and a slice of grilled pineapple to a blender.
- Blend on high for ~1 minutes until smooth.
- (You can strain here if light pulp bothers you – I did not.)
- Pour over crushed ice and garnish with small chunks of grilled pineapple, if desired.