Recipe of the Week: CARIBBEAN CHICKEN TACOS
August 3, 2015
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1½ tablespoons Caribbean seasoning (store-bought OR see below for homemade version)
- 8 taco-sized soft flour tortillas
- 2 cups cole slaw (without dressing)
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about ½ of a juicy lime)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare the salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl and stirring well. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips (or chop into bite-sized pieces) and place in a bowl. Sprinkle chicken with half of the Caribbean seasoning, stir, then sprinkle with remaining seasoning and toss to coat.
- Cook chicken in a large greased pan or skillet over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until cooked through.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with cooked chicken, then top with cole slaw and Caribbean salsa. Serve immediately with fresh limes for drizzling if desired.