Coconut Onion Ring Ingredients:
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups Silk Original Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- oil for frying
Sweet n’ Spicy Sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet chile sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Place onions in a bowl and pour coconut milk over the top. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- While onions are marinating make the sauce by whisking together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. In another bag place panko, coconut, salt and garlic powder.
- Remove the onion rings from the coconut milk, allow excess to drip off, then add to flour. Seal bag and shake to coat. Return onion rings to coconut milk, remove from milk and allow excess to drip off. Place onion rings in panko/coconut mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop a piece of panko into the oil and if it sizzles it’s hot enough. Fry the onion rings, in batches if necessary so to not over crowd the pan, until golden brown and crispy, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate, sprinkle with salt and serve with dipping sauce.