Recipe of the Week: GRILLED SHRIMP WITH ROASTED GARLIC-CILANTRO SAUCE
January 15, 2015
- 1.5 lb prawns or jumbo shrimp, shelled, deveined
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chili sauce (or 1 tbsp dry chili flakes)
- Prepare prawns and devein. Pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Place in fridge until ready to grill.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim top of the garlic head off; leave garlic unpeeled. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast garlic in the 400 degrees F-heated oven for about 10 minutes or until tender and fragrant. When ready, remove from oven. Let cool briefly. Peel and chop garlic finely.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic with the additional sauce ingredients. Whisk together and set aside.
- When ready, heat a cast-iron grill or griddle to medium high. Drizzle shrimp with a little olive oil and grill for 3-4 minutes or so on each side. You want to achieve some char, but be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Remove from grill and coat with the roasted garlic and cilantro sauce. Alternatively, you can serve the sauce on the side instead.