Recipe of the Week: Mango Coconut Rice Pudding
February 29, 2016
- 3/4 cup Thai jasmine rice (or arborio rice)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- a pinch of salt
- cubes of ripe mango, to serve
- toasted coconut, to serve
- mint leaves, to serve
- Place rice, coconut milk, water, vanilla extract, salt and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan on medium-low heat. Cook, stirring contantly for 20 minutes until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 40 to 60 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- The rice should be soft and cooked at this point. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before chilling in the fridge for a couple of hours. Can also be enjoyed warm.
- Top with mango cubes, toasted coconut flakes and fresh mint leaves.